Death Certificates may be obtained through the city or town where the decendant died or resided at the time of his /her death, or the state department of Vital Statistics located in, Maine. The fee for a certified death certificate is $15 for the first copy and $ 6 for each additional copy.
New Vital Records- A new law preventing fraudulent use of vital records is now in effect. Vital records include birth certificates, death certificates, marriage certificates, and domestic partner registrations. Maine's new law will require a person requesting a copy of records less than 100 years old to provide documentation establishing their direct and legitimate interest in the records.
Click below to view' Vital Record Request Form.
Click Here to view the State's Vital Record Request Form
Recent blog posts
- 2016 Holiday Schedule
- Trash Pickup for Christmas and New Years
- Warrant for Special Town Meeting June 10, 2014
- Hunting Licenses State of Maine
- Fishing Licenses State of Maine
- Death Certificates
- Nov 3, 2015 State of Maine Referendum Articles
- Dog Licensing
- Warrant for Special Town Meeting August 25, 2015