The Town of Hollis continues to encourage the public to stay up to date on the latest information of the COVID-19 virus from the Maine CDC: http://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc or https://211maine.org or dial 211. Thank you all for your continued patience.
Attention Hollis Residents,
After serious consideration regarding the potential impact of the COVID-19 Virus on our community, we continue to make adjustments in our municipality operations. It is critical that we maintain a healthy work environment for our first responders and employees so that they may continue to serve and protect the Hollis Community.
All Town Municipal Buildings will continue to be CLOSED to the public until further notice. Per recommendations by the Maine CDC, Maine EMA, our EMA Director and the Governor’s mandate to maintain social distancing for at least 6 feet between all people and no meetings held of 10 people or more, the following actions will be in effect immediately:
- **UPDATE: Beginning Tuesday, May 5, 2020, the TAX COLLECTOR'S OFFICE "Walk-Up Window" will be OPEN to collect tax payments and process motor vehicle, ATV & boat registrations. OPEN HOURS: 9:00am to 4:00pm on TUES. THURS. & FRI. 11:00am to 7:00pm on WEDNESDAYS. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN PEN. Per Governor Mills' Executive Order, you must wear a cloth face covering and adhere to social distancing protocols.
- PLEASE HAVE DOCUMENTS READY BEFORE APPROACHING SERVICE WINDOW:
Vehicle Re-registrations - 1. Old Registration, 2. Current Insurance Card or Download on Mobile Phone 3. Mileage.
NEW Vehicle Registrations - 1. Bill of Sale (Vehicle), 2. Title (completely filled out) OR Title Application, 3. Current Insurance Card or Download on Mobile Phone.
ATV or Boat Re-registrations - 1. Old Registration.
NEW ATV or Boat Registrations - 1. Bill of Sale.
- Due to the confined office space at the Hollis Town Office building at 34 Town Farm Road, staffing will be limited to three (3) employees on each floor at a time, until further notice (Updated May 6, 2020).
- Staff members who can work from home will do so, while maintaining the above listed limited staff at Town Buildings to provide phone service to citizens. For more information on Individual Departments, please visit their webpage or call the Town Office.
- The Public can call the Hollis Town Office with questions about services at (207) 929-8552 Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:00AM to 4:00PM, and Wednesday 11:00AM to 7:00PM until further notice.
- All staff will self-monitor for symptoms of the virus. If any symptoms appear, they will stay at home and contact their primary care provider. In addition, all staff members who travel out of state and/or on an airplane will be ordered to self-quarantine at home for a period of at least fourteen (14) days while monitoring for symptoms and fever at least three (3)times a day. If the employee has symptoms during that time, they must contact their primary care physician for treatment and testing options. Further quarantine may be required.
- General Assistance is available by appointment only. Please call 207-929-8552 x18. For emergencies after business hours, please call 207-298-0271.
- The Salmon Falls Library is offering curb-side service to their patrons as of June 8,2020. Please click HERE for more information.
- Summer Recreation beings Monday, June 29th. The program has been modified to allow a lower numbers of participants.It is a 7-Week program for grades K-9. The program runs from 8am until 3pm, with the option of early drop off and/or late pickup which runs from 6:30am until 6pm Monday through Friday for an additional fee (please ask regarding early drop off/ late pick up fees). There are spots available for the older age group. Contact Parks and Rec for more information at 929-5142 and register here.
The Town of Hollis Select Board
Updated May 6, 2020; June 23, 2020.