Unless noted below all construction, repairs, improvements, demolition, or any other alterations to your property require a permit. If you are unsure whether or not you need a permit please contact the Code Enforcement Office.
Permits are not required for the following
- Projects involving not more than $1,000 in fair market material cost.
- Replacing siding or repairing areas of roofing materials.
- Playground equipment.
- Replacing a deck under 200 sq. ft. (However, enlarging or constructing a deck requires a permit.
- Fences, six feet and under in height.
- Retaining walls outside the Shoreland Zone and four feet high, or less.
- Patios outside the Shoreland Zone do not require a permit.